Thursday, November 19, 2009

What is this LAME mp3 encoder all about?

I have recently started ripping music on my windows media player with a bitrate of 256kbps. on mp3 format.I have heard about this Lame encoder and don`t understand it.Can i still encode even though my format is already mp3 or do i have to rip as another format first and then encode into mp3 and will i still be able to chose the bitrate of 256kbps.I have cassette`s that have converted to cd`s at a bitrate of 192kbps. and don`t want redo all of it again,i still want to burn them as mp3`s and play them on a sound system will music that is ripped just as mp3 format sound less satisfactory than an mp3 that has been encoded by lame encoder.And if i have to re-rip my cd collection that was ripped at 256kbps. and encode it what format is the best to rip at before encoding it.

What is this LAME mp3 encoder all about?
The higher bitrate makes for better sound quality, but it comes at a price. The files are larger. I listen to my music from an mp3 player on a motorcycle, so I'm not really too concerned with quality. I run mine real low, and encode to.wma files. I usually get 2 megs or so per song.





LAME is an MPEG Audio Layer III (MP3) encoder licensed under the LGPL. It is considered the best MP3 encoder at mid-high bitrates and at VBR (variable bitrate).


No comments:

Post a Comment