Thursday, November 19, 2009

Quality question! MP3 to CD, Back To MP3?

I have a bunch of mp3s i ripped with a bitrate of 360, and i want them down to 128 for storge reasons, i want more to fit on my mp3 player





the method im using is:





burn mp3s to vital drive


%26amp; repripping them in WMP!





the resulting mp3 is now 128!





im not so much bothered about the quailty change between 360 and 128... what i wanna know is does this precess MP3%26gt;CD%26gt;MP3 degrade the quality even more? more so them ripping direct from the original CD to 128 mp3s!





thanks in advance

Quality question! MP3 to CD, Back To MP3?
Theoretically, since MP3's are a "lossy" compression method. MP3%26gt;CD%26gt;MP3 should degrade the quality more than ripping direct from the origial CD to 128. However, I'd try both methods on one or two tracks and see if I could tell the difference. If I couldn't, then I'd use whatever method was easier.


No comments:

Post a Comment